A comprehensive legal services agency whose mission is to protect and advance the rights of immigrant, low-income, and Latino communities. Promotes safe, stable, and healthy housing by helping people fight unlawful evictions, rent increases, and bad conditions. Six clinics per month – please call for an appointment!
– Legal help for all aspects of the landlord-tenant relationship from the lease to the return of the security deposit
– Legal advice for tenants who have received an eviction notice
– Advocacy for repairs and to relief from uninhabitable housing
– In pro per advice including the preparation of responses to unlawful detainers
– Representation for lawsuits against slumlords
Must meet federal poverty or HUD guidelines to be eligible for free services.