Residence Type: 
20 or more units
Landlord Type: 

I am under a lease with a community management association at an apartment complex. My income declined and I need to leave the lease early. The problem is that I am required to give 60 day notice and then pay an additional months rent even while not living here after I have moved out. I can't afford this so.....can I find a tenant to take over my lease? This is my question. I assume the leasing company won't want me to do this. If it was an option then it would be in my lease agreement. I am wondering if as a tenant I have the right to find a tenant that they would approve of (of course) and let them take over my lease. Does anyone know where I can find the Civil Code or law that states that I can do this legally? Thank you.

Help build power for renters' rights: