I am a victim of a fire while staying in on of JD Home rental apts back on 08/30/1998. There was no smoke alarms in the apt units and my 5 kids and I almost lost or lives be hind it. I lost everything, things that can NEVER be replaced. Like my kids baby pictures. I want compensation for my loss. I still have pictures and the original fire report from that morning. I thank god everyday for the man that threw the chair through my patio window and woke me up. my kids room was full of smoke.. I tried to wake them up but they wouldn't wake up, so I opened up their bed room window and started throwing them out the first floor window. They woke up then crying and scared. There was no smoke alarms in the apt. Fire was caused by faulty wiring in the kitchen stove. when the stove starts working the light in the unit, U know something was wrong. I told the manager at the time what was going on in the unit. I don't know what they did but it was not right. I would like to be part of this community lawsuit. I am no longer living there.