The MVTC is a tenant-centered movement comprised of a diverse range of people who have in common a desire to protect renters' rights and to fight for the human right to housing for all. Our mission and goals are as follows:
- We aim to strengthen tenants’ political power through education, advocacy and direct action.
- We organize against landlord harassment, unjustified rent increases, evictions without just cause, and displacement.
- We demand truly affordable and safe housing and no net loss of affordable housing.
- We oppose the demolitions of rent-stabilized apartments.
- We work in collaboration with other Mountain View groups who are working for housing justice for tenants, protections for vehicle residents, and stabilization for mobile home rental spaces.
- We advocate for no detrimental changes to the Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act (CSFRA) because we need more tenant protections in Mountain View, not less.