Our Housing Program provides free legal advice and representation on housing-related matters to low-income individuals in Santa Clara County.
We can assist with:
• Defending eviction lawsuits
• Housing discrimination issues like reasonable accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities
• Enforcing the San Jose Tenant Protection Ordinance
• Legal Outreach and Support for renter organizing/campaigns
• Help with Housing Authority hearings
• Section 8 and other low-income housing issues like terminations and eligibility determinations
• Legal advice and information to tenants regarding notices for repairs/bad conditions
• Advice and information about foreclosure prevention
We have services available in Spanish and Vietnamese, and can access interpretation services for clients who speak other languages. Walk-in appointments are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.